05 Apr How Do You Get Your Dream Career?
There’s a saying in the coaching world “your mess is your message”. One of the ways in which I help people is through helping them find their purpose. I spent years envying the few (let’s face it most people don’t enjoy their jobs) people I knew that truly loved what they did for a living. I remember being so envious of my personal chef friend when he told me he couldn’t believe he got paid this much money doing what he loves to do. I wanted to have that feeling too. So, I searched and searched and searched. I spend many years finding my own life purpose. That’s why I can truly emphasize with people that are looking to find and express themselves through their work.
Life is not a dress rehearsal for the real thing so we must live our life as if this is the one and only chance we’ve got!
Here’s a few questions you can ask yourself that will help you find your dream career:
1. What comes easy to me?
2. What do I enjoy doing?
3. What skills come naturally to me?
4. What do others say I am good at?
5. What would be my dream job if I had no limitations holding me back? Describe what a typical day would look like in detail.
6. What don’t I like or want to do at work (this is great if you are unsure of what you want. Make this “don’t like list” on one side of the page and then write the complete opposite of that on the other side of the page to determine what you DO want.
7. What are you grateful for in your current job? Making this list helps to clarify what you do want so you attract more of that into your working life. Plus, feeling grateful is a lot better than complaining about it all the time. (Again, I’ve been there too:)
As an added resource, I’ve attached the career wheel so that you can continue to get more clear on your dream career.
If you are wanting to dive deeper into this, schedule your free coaching call here now.